|| JOBS | DRUGS | ANATOMY | DIAMONDS | HEALTH TOPICS | DISEASES | ENERGY | GEOLOGY | AIRPORTS | SEAPORTS | COUNTRIES | FLAGS | MAPS ||
Guidelines for Use of Antibrowning Agent (Non-Sulfating Agents)
Source: U.S. Department of Defence
A. GENERAL INFORMATION No. 20
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF ANTIBROWNING AGENT
The purpose of an antibrowning agent is to prevent browning and maintain color and crispness in fresh potatoes and fruits.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Dissolve 1-3/4 oz (3 tbsp) antibrowning agent per gallon of cold water in a clean stainless steel, glass or plastic
container. DO NOT use galvanized metal containers.
2. Dip fresh white potatoes (peeled, whole, quarters, French fry cut, slices) or fruits (apples, avocados, bananas, peaches,
pears) peeled, sliced and free from bruises in the antibrowning solution. Soak for 3 minutes.
3. Drain and refrigerate product until ready to use.
1. Keep antibrowning agent stored in its original container. Make the solution fresh daily. A plastic measuring
spoon should be kept with the antibrowning agent for easy measuring.
2. Antibrowning agent is not required for lettuce, cauliflower, green peppers, cabbage, celery or pineapple.
Please bookmark this page (add it to your favorites).
If you wish to link to this page, you can do so by referring to the URL address below this line.
Copyright © 1995-2011 ITA all rights reserved.