- A photomicrograph of an individual's chromosomes arranged in a standard format showing the number, size, and shape of each chromosome type; used in low-resolution physical mapping to correlate gross chromosomal abnormalities with the characteristics of specific diseases.
- Unit of length for DNA fragments equal to 1000 nucleotides.
- Deactivation of specific genes; used in laboratory organisms to study gene function.
gene, locus, model organisms
- Please bookmark this page (add it to your favorites).
- If you wish to link to this page, you can do so by referring to the URL address below this line.
This page was last modified 30-JUN-07
Copyright © 1995-2022 ITA all rights reserved.